Don't Faint...I am updating my blog

I know it has been awhile since I have added anything to this blog...everyone has been after me to update it...I decided that maybe finding some time to do it would help with some of the family issues I have been dealing with lately..so I am going to play catch up and try make time to maintain the blog.
There have been many events that have occurred since the last post such as Cassidy turned 12 in February, Austin turned 16 in March and got his drivers license, made the High School Baseball team, went to prom... In May Kyle celebrated the big 40 and Kaelyn turned 4...I also tried avoiding turning 38.


Stockton and Ryan started up their comp baseball and continued through the summer...Ryan played on two different teams and hit his first homerun...Stockton led his team with the highest batting average and on base percentage. He also won his first tournament which was over the fourth of July..His team has a blog http://utahredhawks.blogspot.com/


In between baseball games over the 4th of July, Cassidy was getting ready for Stadium of Fire where her dance group performed with many other dance groups. There were a lot of practices and it was very hot but she had a good experience and thought it was neat that she got to perform with Miley Cirrus and Blue Man Group (so did her brothers)

Most of our summer was taken up with baseball games, but Brock went with Marshal to the BYU Football Camp and had a great time. He can't wait to go next year. He also went to scout camp in July for a week and came home with lots of merit badges...he will soon be an Eagle Scout! Austin attended a week of EFY at BYU and had an awesome time and came home on a religious high along with lots of girls phone numbers and great memories.
I spent a lot of my summer in and out of the Dr.'s office trying to figure out what auto immune problem I have...I have had to take different medications, lots of blood work and many x-rays, MRI, ultrasounds...and continue to do so by going to a Rheumatologist.
Once August hit I was ready for a vacation (just Kyle and I)...for Father's Day we gave Kyle and trip to Arizona to see a baseball game...His favorite team Atlanta Braves vs the Arizona Diamondbacks...so Kyle and I headed to Arizona for a couple of days and left the kids home by themselves which I was really nervous about but everything worked out fine. Despite the heat, we had a great time and were able to visit some friends of ours that had just recently moved there. The week we were to leave Austin was in a car accident while headed to his baseball game and our second car was totalled (it wasn't his fault) so when we got back from Arizona we had to deal with trying to get another car. We were just glad that he wasn't badly hurt.
With August starts FOOTBALL..this year we had 3 boys playing football. Stockton started his first year and loved it! He scored two touchdowns and had some great tackles. Ryan had a tremendous year with 12 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Brock changed teams and his team went undeafeated and made it to the semifinals where they lost in the last minute 7-0. Brock had one touchdown and learned a lot from his new coach.
Stockton turned 8 years old August 21st and was baptized September 6th by Austin...he thought it was neat that his older brother was able to baptize him.

So that is what has been happening over the past 9 months in a nutshell...we are now into Basketball so I will keep you updated...I think I will have some of the kids help me keep this going...they are the ones that love it the most.

5 Comments:
Holy Cow! I am excited to see you blogging again. I hope you do it more often.
It was great to see you and Kyle last weekend (even if the circumstances were a little awkward) now I just need to see all your kids. Maybe at the Christmas party. Thanks for the update, keep it going!
Awesome update. I am glad you finally decided to cave under the pressure and post again :) I hope all is well with you and that your health improves.
I hope you get feeling better! It looks like you had all sorts of fun and craziness this summer! Your kids are getting so big!!
WOW you are back up and running in the blog world. CONGRATULATIONS I think!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home